Sweet Thai Chili Peanut Chicken and Grilled Pineapple Stir Fry
Yields: Serves 4
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sweet thai chili sauce
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons thai red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce (optional, but so good!)
- 1 tablespoon gresh ginger, grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced or grated
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 pound boneless skinless, chicken, cubed
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup shelled edamame
- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 of a medium pineapple, cut into triangles
- sesame rice or coconut rice, for serving
In blender, combine the soy sauce, sweet thai chili sauce, peanut butter, rice vinegar, thai red curry past, fish sauce, ginger, garlic and juice of 1 lime. Blend until smooth and combined.
Heat a large wok or skillet over high heat. Drizzle the pan with a little peanut oil and once hot, add the chicken in a single layer, stirring once or twice until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Once the chicken is cooked, add another drizzle of peanut oil to the pan and then add the red pepper. Continue cooking for 3-5 minutes. Next add the carrots and edamame.
Slowly stir in about 1/2-3/4 of the sauce and bring to a simmer, cook until thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in the basil.
Meanwhile, heat the grill or a grill pan to high. Once hot, brush the pineapple with a little peanut oil and sear on both sides, about 3-4 minutes per side. Remove from the grill.
Divide the rice among plates and or bowls. Top with stir fry + pineapple. If desired serve with fresh red chili pepper slices, basil and limes. Serve with any extra stir fry sauce. Enjoy!