Fresh Melon Quenchers
Pureed fruit blended with ice and sparkling water makes a refreshing summer drink.
YIELD: 1 Serving (16 ounces)
- 1 cups cantaloupe, honeydew, or watermelon puree*(about a quarter of a 4 lb. melon)
- 3 ice cubes
- 1/4 inch slice fresh ginger, grated
- Plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoons honey
- Shredded lime peel (optional)
- Plain or flavored sparkling water
- In blender container combine melon puree, ice cubes, ginger, a teaspoon or two of yogurt, and honey. Blend just until mixture is frothy and smooth. Pour into serving glass. Add additional honey to adjust sweetness. Stir in lime peel to taste. Add sparkling water to fill glass. Serve with Frozen Melon Drink Skewers. Serve immediately.
- Coarsely chop melon and transfer to blender container. Cover and blend until smooth. If needed, stop motor and press fruit down into blades with rubber spatula or spoon and continue to blend until smooth.