Halloween Stuffed Peppers
- 1 ½ cups cooked brown rice
- 4 medium bell peppers
- ¾ pound ground sirloin
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup bottled tomato-and-basil pasta sauce, divided
- ½ cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Wash the peppers. Cut jack-o’-lantern faces into the peppers with a sharp paring knife, making triangle eyes and nose, and pointy-teeth smiles. Slice off the tops of the peppers and scoop out the seeds and cores.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef and the next 5 ingredients (beef through allspice); cook 4 minutes or until beef is lightly browned, stirring to crumble. Remove from heat. Add rice, ½ cup pasta sauce, and cheese to beef mixture, stirring to combine.
- While beef cooks, combine ½ cup pasta sauce and chicken broth in a small saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Spoon about ¾ cup beef mixture into each pepper. Place peppers in a 2-quart baking dish coated with cooking spray; add chicken broth/sauce mixture to pan. Cover with foil and bake for about 35–40 minutes. Uncover; bake an additional 5 minutes.