Glazed Sweet Potatoes with Maple Gastrique
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/3-inch rounds
- 2 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
6 tablespoons maple syrup
6 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
2 1/2 tablespoons butter $
3/8 teaspoon black pepper
Cooking spray $
1 tablespoon chopped fresh marjoram leavesPREPARATION:
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Place sweet potatoes and 2 teaspoons salt in a large saucepan; cover with water to 2 inches above potatoes. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Drain potatoes.
3. Combine syrup and vinegar in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil; simmer 4 minutes or until slightly thickened and syrupy. Remove from heat; whisk in butter and pepper.
4. Coat an 11 x 7-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Arrange potatoes in a shingle pattern in dish. Top with syrup mixture; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and marjoram. Bake at 400° for 4 minutes or until potatoes are very tender. Remove from oven. Spoon sauce over potatoes; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.