Bon Appetit: The Food Lover’s Cleanse: 140 Delicious, Nourishing Recipes That Will Tempt You Back into Healthful Eating – Sara Dickerman
- Fine sea salt
- 1 shallot, finely minced
- 6 tablespoons Butter Milk Dressing
- 2 small broccoli heads, trimmed, cut into bite-size florets
- 1 cup white, red, or black quinoa
- ½ coup roughly chopped fresh parsley leaves
- ¼ cup roughly chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- ¼ cup roughly chopped pistachios
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Have ready a bowl of ice water and a slotted spoon or spider near the pot of water.
- In a small bowl, toss the shallot with 2 tablespoons of the buttermilk dressing
- Drop the broccoli in the boiling water and cook until tender but crispy, about 1 minute. Remove the broccoli from the pot to the ice water. When coo, remove the broccoli from the cold water and drain it on a clean kitchen towel laid on a baking sheet
- Bring the water back to a boil and pour in the quinoa. Cook for 12 minutes or until slightly aldente. Drain
- In a large bow, toss the warm quinoa with 2 tablespoons of the buttermilk dressing and sea salt to taste. Let the quinoa cool to room temperature, about 10 minutes
- Toss the quinoa with the broccoli, macerated shallots, parsley, tarragon, pistachios, and the remaining 2 tablespoons of dressing. Taste for seasoning and add more salt to taste.