Nom Nom Paleo – Food For Humans : Michelle Tam & Henry Fong
You may not like the soft and spongy texture of mushrooms. But even the pickiest eater will fall in love with this recipe for crispity- crunchity oven-baked mushroom crisps.
Makes 2 servings
- 10 ounces king oyster mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons melted ghee or fat of choice
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 300 F with the rack in the middle position. Line a couple of rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Use a mandolin slicer or knife to cut the mushrooms into 1/8 –inch-thick slices. Arrange them in a single player on the lined baking sheets. Make sure the mushrooms are super dry, and leave some space between the slices. Brush the melted ghee on both sides of the mushroom slices, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake each tray for 45 minutes to an hour, or until the chips are golden brown and crispy. These chips wont continue to crisp once they leave the oven, so don’t pull them out until crunchy.