Eat to BEAT Diabetes – A Better Homes and Garden Book
You would think a breakfast such as French toast and chocolate syrup would be packed with cals, but think again! This delicious chocolaty & crunchy breakfast is only 250 calories.
Cocoa Almond French Toast
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk, such as Almond Breeze brand
- 1/3 cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ cup dark chocolate- flavor almonds, finely chopped
- Non stick cooking spray
- 4 slices light whole wheat bread
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free-chocolate-flavor syrup
- ¼ cup fresh raspberries.
- In a shallow fish beat together almond, milk, eggs, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside ½ tablespoon of the almonds. Place the remaining almonds in another shallow dish.
- Coat a griddle with cooking spray. Heat griddle over medium heat. Meanwhile, dip each bread slice into the egg mixture, turning to coat both sides. Dip soaked bread into the almonds, turning to coat both sides.
- Cook almond- coated bread slices on hot griddle 4 to 6 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Cut slices in half diagonally. Arrange on two plates. Drizzle with chocolate syrup; top with raspberries and reserved almonds.