Make Your Own Rules Cookbook – Tara Stiles
DIY sushi sounds crazy but bring a little Japan into your kitchen and test it out.
Five- Minute Veggie Sushi
- 2 nori sheets
- 1 tablespoon vegan mayo or Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup cooked sticky rice
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 2 cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, pitted and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon wasabi
- Lay out sushi mats so sticks are horizontal in front of you. Place a nori sheet on the mat, shiny side down. Add the vegan mayo to the nori sheet.
- Add two tablespoons rice over the nori sheet. Leave a border of half an inch. Top wit a little carrot and a few cucumber and avocado slices, layering in a horizontal line. Keep the layers thin.
- Roll the nori sheet towards you, pressing firmly as you roll. Use the mat to squeeze your roll after it’s all rolled up. Remove the roll from the sushi mat and slice the roll evenly with your knife. Repeat the process with your remaining ingredients except soy sauce and wasabi.
- Mix the soy sauce and wasabi in a small bowl for dipping.