Ina Garden Make it Ahead – Barefoot Contessa
Zucchini Goat Cheese Tart
- 1 ¼ cup all –purpose flower
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 10 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, ½ inch-diced
- ½ teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 5 tablespoons ice water
- 1 ½ pounds zucchini, unpeeled and spliced 1/8 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons good olive oil, divided
- 8 ounces plain creamy goat cheese, at room temperature.
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme leaves
- ¼ teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Place the flour, ¾ teaspoon of salt, and the butter in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade and pulse 12 to `4 times, until the butter is the size of peas. With the processor running, pour the vinegar and ice water through the feed tube and continue to process and pulse until the dough just comes together. Dump out onto a floured board, form into a disk, wrap in plastic, and chill for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the zucchini in a colander set over a plate. Toss it with 2 teaspoons of salt and set aside for 30 minutes. Spread the zucchini out on a clean dishtowel, roll it up, and squeeze gently to remove some of the liquid. Put the zucchini slices into a bowl and toss with 1 tablespoon of olive oil with a fork, mash together the goat cheese, thyme, lemon zest, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and set aside.