Grilled Asparagus with Caper Vinaigrette
- 1 1/2 pounds asparagus spears, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons capers, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup small basil leaves
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Place asparagus in a shallow dish. Add 1 tablespoon oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt, tossing well to coat. Place asparagus on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes or until crisp-tender, turning after 2 minutes.
- Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, vinegar, and next 3 ingredients (through garlic); stir with a whisk. Slowly pour remaining 2 tablespoons oil into vinegar mixture, stirring constantly with a whisk. Stir in capers. Arrange asparagus on a serving platter; drizzle with vinaigrette, and sprinkle with basil.