Citrus Salsa Salmon
Makes: 4 servings
- 4 4 ounces skinless salmon fillets (3/4- to 1-inch thick)
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup red jalapeno jelly
- 3 medium oranges, peeled, seeded, and coarsely chopped
- 1 medium grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- Heat broiler. Lightly sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper. In small saucepan over low heat melt the jelly. Brush 2 tablespoons of the melted jelly on the salmon; reserve remaining jelly. Place salmon on unheated rack of broiler pan. Broil 4 inches from heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until salmon flakes when tested with a fork.
- Meanwhile, for fresh citrus salsa, in medium bowl combine chopped oranges, grapefruit sections, halved tomatoes, and remaining jelly. Season with salt and pepper. Serve salmon with citrus salsa. Serves 4.