Honey Roasted Rhubarb Power Greens Salad
- 2 cups chopped rhubarb (about 1/3 of an inch thick)
- 3 to 4 tbsp honey (close to 1/4 cup)
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 cups leafy greens (like kale, swiss chard, etc)
- 1 shallot (chopped)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 3 -4 tbsp roasted sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup goat cheese crumbles
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- oil/vinegar dressing
- fresh lemon
- Preheat oven to 450F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Chop your rhubarb stalk into think slices (about 1/3 in thick).
- Toss in a bowl with honey and balsamic vinegar.
- Lay rhubarb flat on baking sheet and roast for 8-10 minutes.
- In another large bowl. Toss your washed leafy greens, shallot, and carrots together.
- Divide into two bowls.
- Place half rhubarb on top of each salad. Then add in your sunflower seeds, goat cheese, and sea salt, and black pepper onto each salad.
- Squeeze with fresh lemon and add olive oil and vinegar before serving (if desired).
Shared by: http://www.cottercrunch.com/honey-roasted-rhubarb-power-greens-salad-recipe/