Apple Pecan Salad with Maple Vinaigrette
- 6-8 cups mixed greens
- 2 small-medium fuji or gala apples, chopped
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup shelled pecan halves or chopped pecans (I used Diamond of California)
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- optional: ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup oil
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (may sub white vinegar)
- 3 tablespoons real maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Add pecans, sugar, and cinnamon to a small-medium pan or skillet. Stir over medium heat for 3-5 minutes until sugar melts and nuts are coated. Transfer to a plate or foil-lined baking pan to cool.
- Stir together all salad dressing ingredients and chill until ready to serve.
- In a large serving bowl toss together greens, apples, onions, candied pecans, feta cheese, and cranberries. When ready to serve, toss with dressing.
Shared by: http://www.lecremedelacrumb.com/2015/09/apple-pecan-salad-with-maple-vinaigrette.html