Cherry Balsamic Salad
- 5 tablespoons 100% cherry juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard, don’t use regular
- 5-6 cups (5 ounces) mixed greens lettuce
- 1 large pear or canned pears are delicious
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup red grapes
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- Optional: add some sliced strawberries!
- ulse together all of the dressing ingredients in a blender.
- For the salad: thinly slice a large pear and toss with the lemon juice. Alternatively use canned pears
- Slice the red grapes in half (or leave whole).
- If desired toast the almonds: add the sliced almonds in a single layer to a completely dry skillet (don’t add any oil) and place on medium-high heat (don’t want it too hot or they will burn). Stir the almonds every 15 seconds for about 1-2 minutes or until the color slightly darkens and they start to smell good. Watch these carefully as they can go from perfectly toasted to burned quickly!
- Add the sliced pears, sliced grapes, almonds, and dried cherries to the mixed greens lettuce.
- Toss with the dressing and add feta cheese.
- The quantities of ingredients are a general guideline. Add more or less of your favorite salad fixings depending on your personal preference
Shared by: http://www.chelseasmessyapron.com/cherry-balsamic-mixed-greens-salad/