Kale, Apple, Pecorino Salad With Crispy Prosciutto And Balsamic Drizzle
INGREDIENTS – Serves 4
- 4 oz. thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1 lb. kale, chopped
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- Maldon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 c. shaved pecorino Romano
- 1 large gala apple, thinly sliced on mandoline
- 1/4 c. grated pecorino Romano
- balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line sheet pan with parchment paper and place prosciutto in a single layer. Bake until crisp, 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, massage kale with 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon lemon juice using your hands. Season with lemon zest, sea salt, and black pepper.
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave pecorino romano over salad and gently fold in cheese and apples.
- Transfer salad to platter. Break up prosciutto pieces by hand and crumble on top of salad. Finish with coarse cracked black pepper and grated pecorino; drizzle with balsamic vinegar.