Soba Noodle Salad With Grilled Flank Steak
INGREDIENTS – Serves 4
- 1/2 c. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tbsp. sesame oil, divided
- 1/4 c. rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp. sriracha
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. minced freshed ginger
- 1/4 c. plus 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 lb. flank steak
- 8 oz. soba noodles
- 1 large carrot, peeled and thinly sliced (1 1/2 cup)
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded, and thinly sliced (1 1/2 cup)
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced, divided
- 2 tbsp. sesame seeds
- kosher salt
- Black pepper
- In a large bowl, whisk together soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, Sriracha, honey, garlic, and ginger. Slowly whisk in oil until combined.
- Place steak in a shallow baking dish and pour 1/3 of soy mixture over steak. Let sit 10 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook soba noodles according to package directions, then drain and rinse with cold water. In a large bowl, toss noodles with carrot, cucumber, 1/2 of scallions, and sesame seeds. Pour remaining soy mixture over noodles and toss gently to combine.
- Heat a lightly oiled grill pan or grill over high. Remove steak from marinade and season with salt and pepper (discard marinade). Grill steak 5 minutes per side for medium. Let rest 5 minutes and thinly slice on the diagonal.
- Serve steak over soba noodle salad, drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon sesame oil, and garnish with remaining scallions.